Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday Inn Update, Trip to the Physio

Posted by Martyn

Hello, I don’t know if anyone is reading these anymore but I will keep on posting as it gives me a chance to let some stuff out and I find writing a blog helps with stress or I just like writing about my day’s no matter how boring.

First off the Holiday Inn has paid me back my money hooray! It took a while but the money is back off my card and I have now cancelled that bad boy and ordered a new card. Also as a apology they have given me a voucher for a free room in any of their hotels world wide and they upgraded my room when I stayed there last Thursday.

Second our Work Christmas party was cancelled so one of the guys arranged a trip to a local all you can eat Chinese restaurant. It was nice to catch up and chat to everyone out of work I just wish there was more too it. Luckily the company ended up paying the bill for food and drinks but it cost me £12 for a taxi back to the hotel!
Not that I mind after everything else was paid for and also I got a free bottle of champagne in our annual meeting and a tube of Smarties ;P

Today I made a trip to the Physio in Frenchey hospital Bristol. This was just a consultation for us and for them to try and identify the problem or problems in my case! First off I have a long term injury on my left knee. The pain was caused 2 years ago when running for the half marathon and ever since I have had issues with it. The second was a groin injury I picked up at football 4 months ago that has stopped me running and playing footy. I had two people to assess me a young guy from university and an older lady. I had to strip down to my boxers while they walked around me and prodded and poked me and put me in weird positions for about an hour +. It was very interesting the different things they looked at and checked pretty much everywhere as they thought the pain can be caused from somewhere else on the body and where the pain is, is my body overcompensating for that pain.
They checked my posture and how I bend and walk, also how I lye and genuinely move.
In the end they gave me 5 exercises to try out and I have to go back in 3 weeks in the New Year. I really hope they can sort me out as I said to them that my goal out of all this was to run the London Marathon.

0 comments: